Monday, May 17, 2010

Easy clicking, easy booking!

When I was first given the list with the options for the summer class it took me about 5 seconds to make a final decision once I read the title E Marketing...Would it have been the same a few years ago? Better yet, would a E Marketing class even be offered? Strangely enough, a few years can make a huge difference in every trend, be it in fashion, cars, vacation spots or marketing.
The overall evolution of the internet along with the web has had a tremendous impact on our every day lives, I would even say it has made our life easier in all aspects.
A clear example of how E commerce has developed more effective and efficient transactions is in the travel area. I bought my first plane ticket by myself at the age of 15. I still remember the endless lines at the only tourism agency in my little town. It took at least 3 meetings with the agent until we decided on the most favorable ticket and even then I was not too happy with what I thought was a high price. Three years later I moved to Madrid, Spain. My first spring break I spent it in the South of Spain, in Marbella. Can you guess how long it took me to plan the entire trip from hotel bookings to bus tickets and tours? Well, probably 2 hours. How was that possible? www.muchoviaje.com was my new tourism agency. For all the rest of my trips I used also www.easyjet.com as well as www.marsans.es. Planning the trips involved a lot of fun since we didn't have to wait in lines, to deal with unfriendly agents who all they want is the commision from your trip and we got to pick the price we perceived as being the most adequte for the services we were looking for. Now that I moved to Miami, I am not very familiar with the good booking websites for planning a trip around the US so any suggestions are welcomed...

3 comments:

  1. Definitely your article is true, before booking websites I had to plan my trip in advance with a travel agency and if my trip got out of the schedule was a fatal error and this error could ruin the trip, but now with booking websites I can travel with a flexible schedule. That's what I did on my trip to Europe, we used booking website to find hotels and buy airplane tickets usually the night before. If you wanna travel around US I recommend you to use www.expedia.com, and www.orbitz.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is also vayama.com, or travelocity.com, you can choose an option to being notified about a change in price so you can get the best deal. It is really awesome that now we can sit down for a couple of hours, compare prices, and often those websites get better deals than booking from the airline itself (maybe through a coordinated flight by 2 airlines or so).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m totally agreed with you because the internet is making our lives easier. Marketing is been changing every year for example 10 years ago I never thought I was going to book all my flights just by myself and I find the best deals even better than the ones from the agencies because I do call the agencies and ask for prices to compare, but I don’t waste my time going there. Also, now with all the credit cards providing you with rewards and great deals in entertainment, music, travel and miscellaneous.

    ReplyDelete